Saturday, May 9, 2009

Can you love Algeria and not be a political person?

I have never really gotten in the middle of politics or controversial subjects concerning Algeria although most things I read bring something up at one time or another. I think alot of this has to do with the fact that I do not take ownership of Algeria. I am just an outsider and that is all I will ever be, an outsider looking in. I still love Algeria but how the heck would I ever know what life is like growing up there or what it is like to be =Arab or Kabilye etc. I just really like the history, culture and music. I just think I will leave politics to the Algerians... I think Algerians understand themselves a heck of a lot better than I will ever understand them...Americans try anyway....I get overwhelmed with emotion when I read or hear about the dark decade and things that happened and I get besides myself because I care so deeply. I am just not from there and not being from there means I am in the dark as to what life has been like for Algerians living there.

No comments:

Post a Comment